Items to Avoid:
1. Glitter makeup
2. Chewing gum
3. Bulky items in pockets (wallet, cell phone, keys etc.)
4. Tanning/Sun 3-5 days before your portrait session. Be very careful with spray tans.
5. Eyelash extensions if you tend to squint when you smile. Longer, thicker eyelashes will make it harder to see your eyes if you squint while smiling.
6. Tan lines that will be evident. (Shoulders, sunglass lines, legs, etc.)
7. Dry skin and chapped lips
1. Pick simple, classic styles that won’t look dated in a few years. This applies to clothing, hair-styles and jewelry. Avoid large branding on clothing. Small brands such as the Ralph Lauren Pony, Lacoste Alligator etc. are acceptable.
2. Manicured nails, shaped brows for women. Trimmed ear and nose hair for men.
3. Clean shoes, new socks and/or stockings free of runs.
4. Bring water to your portrait session (April – October).
5. Bring eye drops and moisturizer. Apply before the session.
6. Men, cut your hair 4-7 days before the portrait session. Cut to the length you want it to be in the photos. Neckline should be neatly shaped and clean.
7. Teeth clean and flossed. If you want to you can whiten/bleach your teeth a couple weeks prior.
8. Bring an extra pair of shoes that you don’t mind walking through fields of dirt in.
9. If it is going to be chilly outside bring a coat and or blanket that you can easily slip off and on.
10. Bring hairspray.
11. If one of you is sick before the session I suggest re-scheduling.
12. Factor traffic and rush hour into your travel. Check your gas tank in advance before your commute.
13. Layered clothing looks aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
14. Girls, remember to wear your wedding ring.
15. You may wear up to two outfits. DesignSeeds.com will help with coordinating colors. Avoid being too matchy, matchy.
16. Please arrive in your first outfit ready to go.
17. The more even your skin tones are to one another the better.
18. For portrait sessions during cold winter months please bring the following: Coat, large blanket, gloves, snow-boots.
The most important part of a portrait are the people. Clothing is secondary and should accentuate the person, not overpower.
Darker, more solid colors work best. Darker clothing slenderizes. Long sleeves will improve your image. Bare skin detracts from face. Dress from head to toe.
A scarf loosely tied around the neck helps frame a face beautifully when a collarless blouse or sweater is worn. The most flattering neckline for anyone is something that comes up close to the neck. A wide-open neckline tends to thicken the neck in a photograph.
Eye glasses may be worn. Non-reflective lenses are a big help.
Avoid a drastic hair change as you may not be happy with the results. If hiring a hair and or makeup stylist I highly suggest doing a trial run beforehand. If hiring a stylist make sure your hair is done well in advance to ensure you are on time. If you color your hair be sure that the roots of your hair and touched up.
Please be on time. Daylight waits for no one!
Please have your next payment of 500. If your photo location has a travel fee please add that to total amount. I accept cash or check. If check please make payable to Brandon Burk Photography. Credit cards are accepted however there is a 3% transaction fee added to the total of each transaction.
I am looking forward to your engagement portrait session.